Girls Gathering is a place where 4th and 5th girls gather for food, fellowship and to explore God's Word. As a group, we share life together, pray for and encourage one another.
In the fall of 2017, we'll use the book “A Girl Guide to Making Really Good Choices.” by Elizabeth George. “Today's girls are bombarded by conflicting messages … The media says one thing, boys say another, and friends go for whatever is ‘coolest.’ Who's right? With wisdom and gentleness, George addresses challenging topics---including attitude, friendships, crushes, parents, and school---to help tweens let God, not the world, define who they are.” At GG, we’ll discuss, pray and encourage one another to make wise decisions that will affect the girls present lives and their future.
When: Wednesdays, 5:30-6:45 PM, Oct 18, 2017 - March 14, 2018
Where: Trinitarian Congregational Church
How to Register: Register using the “Girls Gathering Registration” form
Questions: Gail Hughson 508-358- 7717 x 310 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Children's Ministry Online Registration
Comments from the girls...
- "We do all sorts of fun activities, like games, crafts, getting into small groups, and learning about God."
- "It gives the opportunity to meet new people and make new friends."
- "Another thing I like about Girls Gathering is that the group is at TCC. I have become close to many of the girls here, even though I go to a different church."
- "I got to meet other Christians."
- What I liked most about GG is that I get to learn about God with girls in my age group.
- "My favorite thing about GG is that I get to spend time with lots of my friends and learn about God at the same time."
Comments from the parents...
- "This was my daughters first real opportunity to be part of a meaningful small group of girls who could share their faith and concerns with others. I know for sure that she began to pray for her friends in the group, and that she learned to go to God and her friends for support when she needed it. It was marvelous to watch her grow in her love for God and others".
- "My daughter has grown in her faith and also in her understanding of how faith works and helps in the real everyday world. Girls Gathering got her faith out of Sunday School and into places that she lives, plays and works every day.